600 Highlands Drive,
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
- Country Club of Boyne
- The Spa at The Highlands
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Two outdoor hot tubs
- Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet
- Two saunas
- Exercise center
- Boyne Country Sports (winter only)
- Children’s programs
- Child care (winter only)
After purchasing the Harbor Highlands Ski Area in nearby Harbor Springs, Michigan and developing its ski facilities, Kircher became serious about golf. Noted architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr., was hired to design the 18-hole Heather course that opened in 1966. By 1967, the Heather was ranked one of the “Top 100 Courses in the U.S.” by Golf Digest Magazine. It was the spark that ignited the golf boom in northwest Michigan, now referred to as America’s Summer Golf Capital.
Find joy and fun year-round at The Highlands. In the spring, summer and fall, families come together for a retreat from the ordinary. Whether you choose to enjoy the championship golf or a plethora of resort and area activities The Highlands is your ideal home base. When your winter vacation plans include The Highlands, you can look forward to the winter’s finest, best-groomed snow.
Editor’s Choice Award – Best Golf Schools & Academies by Golf Digest
With just the ideal balance between informal and intimate, the Seminole Pub at Country Club of Boyne is the perfect place for a lazy lunch, post golf appetizers or a candlelit dinner on the patio.
The Slopeside Lounge offers a casual atmosphere with American cuisine, your favorite beverages, weekly features and live entertainment.
Main Dining Room
Located on the second level of the resort’s Main Lodge hotel, the Main Dining Room offers a setting of casual elegance and fabulous views of the grounds, mountain and slopes. Open year-round. 231.526.3059
Order a Champion’s Pizza in the Slopeside Lounge or get free delivery to the Main Lodge or Heather Highlands Inn. Champion’s Pizza creates specialty pizzas and is open daily all year.
The Highlands 55th Tee is located near the Seminole Pub and Ross Golf Center at The Highlands. Stop by the 55th Tee to grab a quick bite to eat on your way to and from the course.
The Highlands 19th Tee is located near The Heather’s 18th green and the Heather Pro Shop at The Highlands. The 19th Tee serves up an array of quick service sandwiches, burgers, paninis and more.
The 10th Tee is located on The Ross and Arthur Hills courses at The Highlands. Halfway through your round stop by and pick up a burger, sandwich and cold beverages to refuel and make your back nine your better nine.
Dornoch Dining Room At Country Club Of Boyne
Nestled among the scenic golf courses of The Highlands in Harbor Springs, the Country Club of Boyne offers classic luxury with contemporary American cuisine.
- Top Ten Favorite U.S. Golf Resorts for Value, 2017 (#1) by GOLF.com
- Top Ten Favorite Golf Resorts, 2017 (#2) by GOLF.com
- Top Ten Favorite U.S. Golf Resorts for Buddy Trips, 2017 (#2) by GOLF.com
- Best In State, 2013-2017 – The Heather by Golf Digest
- America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses – The Heather by Golf Digest
- Top 50 Courses for Women – The Heather by Golf Digest
- Top 75 Golf Resorts in America by Golf Digest
- Top 10 Mountain Resorts in the United States by Golf Digest
- One of America’s Best Golf Resorts by GOLF Magazine
- Named #17 among the “Best in State” by Golf Digest
- Named #73 among “America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses” – The Heather by Golf Digest
- Ranked #26 (#1 in Michigan) “America’s Top 50 Courses for Women” – The Heather by Golf Digest
- Ranked among top 20 consecutively in “Best in State” – The Heather by Golf Digest
- Ranked #42 of “Top 75 Golf Resorts in America” by Golf Digest
- Ranked among the “Top 10 Mountain Resorts in the United States” by Golf Digest
- Ranked #20 among “Best Public Golf Courses” in Michigan – The Heather by GOLF Magazine
- Named among “One of America’s Best Golf Resorts” by GOLF magazine
- Ranked #37 among “50 Best Courses For Women” – The Heather by GOLF For Women
- Ranked #10 in Michigan of “America’s BEST Courses” – The Heather by Golfweek
- Ranked #20 among the “Best Courses You Can Play”, Arthur Hills by Golfweek
- Named among “World’s Best Golf Resorts” by readers of Travel + Leisure GOLF
- Named among “Top Ten Replica Courses” – Donald Ross Memorial by Travel + Leisure GOLF
- Ranked #1 of “Most Underrated Resorts” by Travel + Leisure GOLF
- Named “Best Golf Resort in Michigan” by Crain’s Detroit Business
- Named “Best Golf Resort” by readers of Michigan Meetings + Events
- Ranked #52 among “Top 100 Golf Resorts” by readers of Conde Nast Traveler